One key characteristic of a good leader is that they are able to reach organizational goals by motivating others. Giving constructive feedback helps individuals grow by learning how they can improve and by reinforcing the activities they are doing well.
Why it matters?
- Feedback supports employees to see their blind spots that impact their performance
- Feedback helps employees achieve their goals
- Feedback builds trust between the leader and employee
- Feedback influences employee engagement
- Feedback reinforces individual accountability
If I asked your leaders what they are working on, their gifts and/or areas of opportunity, could they answer? Would it match what you would say? The answer should be the same and if its not, you have some work to do (feedback).
Challenge: Have ongoing conversations with your leaders to provide feedback like someone did for you in your leadership journey. It may be a difficult conversation, but the benefits are endless to them as a learner, you as leader and your company in achieving awesome results.
Have an awesome month leaders!