This month we are focusing on Performance and how Leadership plays a critical role in its success.
Why it Matters
Leadership is the most important ingredient to increase the performance of any organization.
You can tell the level of leadership by the overall success the organization is generating. They are producing consistent, repeatable, and reliable results.
Leadership and performance go hand in hand with trust. The more leaders both demand and demonstrate their trustworthiness by being sincere, competent, reliable, and involved, the better results they will see from employee performance.
Start to measure your team’s level of trust that improve performance by answering these questions:
- Integrity (Sincerity) – How well do we follow through on our promises?
- Competency – How well do we provide feedback for improvement?
- Reliability – Are we meeting our timelines?
- Involvement – How well do we show up for meetings to participate fully?
Answer the questions above and start building trust to improve performance, a key tool to being a great leader!
Awesome Watch (3 min)
Leadership vs. Performance
Have an Awesome Month Leading with Impact!
One key characteristic of a good leader is that they are able to reach organizational goals by motivating others. Giving constructive feedback helps individuals grow by learning how they can improve and by reinforcing the activities they are doing well.
Why it matters?
- Feedback supports employees to see their blind spots that impact their performance
- Feedback helps employees achieve their goals
- Feedback builds trust between the leader and employee
- Feedback influences employee engagement
- Feedback reinforces individual accountability
If I asked your leaders what they are working on, their gifts and/or areas of opportunity, could they answer? Would it match what you would say? The answer should be the same and if its not, you have some work to do (feedback).
Challenge: Have ongoing conversations with your leaders to provide feedback like someone did for you in your leadership journey. It may be a difficult conversation, but the benefits are endless to them as a learner, you as leader and your company in achieving awesome results.
How Successful Leaders Give Honest Feedback That Inspires People and Does Not Hurt Their Ego
Have an awesome month leaders!